Trainee Rigger Scheme
Health and Safety Requirements - 1 Day Health and Safety Training
You cannot register on line unless you have attended one of the specified industry-related 1 Day H&S courses listed below. They have been chosen because they address H&S issues which are different from those in the construction industry, and are widely recognised as meeting the entertainment industry standard.
These courses follow a recommended syllabus:
- Industry safety; why health & safety matters, health & safety legislation, duties of employees, self-employed and contractors under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, insurance
- Defining hazard and risk; this covers risk assessments-hazards and risks, competence, controlling risk
- Hazards and practical control measures; this covers electricity, working at height, manual handling, slips and trips, work equipment, hazardous substances & noise
- Common workplace measures; this covers working time, welfare, personal protective equipment (PPE), signs and signals, first aid, accidents, accident reporting
- Personal responsibility for safety
|BECTU IOSH accredited Creative Industries Safety Passport (CRISP)
For BECTU courses there is no necessity for you to be a member.
|OnCourse IOSH 1 Day Working/Managing Safely (available only through the NEC. Contact Julie.email@example.com)|
Only the named courses are acceptable, however if you feel a course you have attended should qualify and would like it to be considered, submit your certificate/card to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be considered by a subcommittee of the National Rigging Advisory Group.