Member support from PLASA
Free business helpline
Unlimited business support from Quest, such as Legal and HR advice. You can phone Quest directly on 0116 243 7588 or log into your online portal here. (Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have your login details).
Free HR and employment law service
One hour of one-to-one time with Nicky Gleadow, Managing Director for The HR Point. To use this please phone 01903 783584 or email email@example.com.
Safety guidance documents
Industry surveys and initiatives
The collective effort to amplify the voice of the live events supply chain. Find out more
PLASA industry infographics
Industry survey reports
- PLASA & #WeMakeEvents Industry Survey Report | March 2023
- PLASA & #WeMakeEvents Industry Survey Report | December 2021
- PLASA Member Impact Survey Report | April 2020
- Events Industry Forum Survey Report | April 2020
- PLASA Member Impact Survey Report| June 2020
- PLASA Workforce Impact Survey Report | July 2020
Government support for UK businesses
- The Business Support Finder Tool is a quick and easy way to find out what financial support is available for your business.
- Government webinars are free to watch, and videos are being added on a regular basis.
- Help to Grow comprises of two subsidised courses to train you in management and digital skills.
Support for European businesses
Government support for UK individuals
Universal Credit can help with costs like children or housing. Payments are calculated based on your earnings from self-employment and/or employment.
Help with tax
HMRC offer support if you cannot pay your tax on time, of if you have a query about your bill, or any additional needs.
Employment and Support Allowance
If you’re unable to work due to ill health you might be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance.
Free online training
The Department of Education created The Skills Toolkit, a growing directory of free online courses in numeracy and digital skills from recognised organisations such as the Open University, Google, FutureLearn and Cisco Networking Academy.
Support from events and entertainment organisations
Our Connect to Wellbeing page signposts to mental heath support from across the industry.
Music Support offers a range of workshops and training pathways, as well as a confidential helpline.
Backup Tech provides assistance to those in our industry suffering ill health or financial hardship.
Stagehand is a welfare and benevolent fund for our industry, run by the Production Services Association.