Member support from PLASA
Free business helpline
Unlimited business support from Quest, such as Legal and HR advice. You can phone Quest directly on 0116 243 7588 or log into your online portal here. (Please contact us at email@example.com if you don’t have your login details).
Free HR and employment law service
One hour of one-to-one time with Nicky Gleadow, Managing Director for The HR Point. To use this please phone 01903 783584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safety guidance documents
- PLASA published guidance on Considerations on Returning to Work
- PLASA and NRAG published guidance for riggers experiencing ‘Skills Fade’
- PLASA has also collated Health & Safety documents produced by the industry and the government
Industry surveys and initiatives
Join the collective effort to amplify the voice of the live events supply chain. Find out more
PLASA industry infographics
To help government understand the issues facing our industry, we produced two infographics:
Industry survey reports
- PLASA & #WeMakeEvents Industry Survey Report | March 2023
- PLASA & #WeMakeEvents Industry Survey Report | December 2021
- PLASA Member Impact Survey Report | April 2020
- Events Industry Forum Survey Report | April 2020
- PLASA Member Impact Survey Report| June 2020
- PLASA Workforce Impact Survey Report | July 2020
Government support for UK businesses
- The Business Support Finder Tool is a quick and easy way to find out what financial support is available for your business.
- Government webinars are free to watch, and videos are being added on a regular basis.
- Help to Grow comprises of two subsidised courses to train you in management and digital skills.
Free business advice from the Government Business Support Helpline:
- England: 0300 456 3565
- Wales: 0300 060 3000
- Northern Ireland: 0800 181 4422
Support with tax
Contact HMRC on their phone helpline: 0800 0159 559.
Experienced call handlers are available to discuss your specific circumstances to explore:
- Agreeing an instalment arrangement
- Suspending debt collection proceedings
- Cancelling penalties and interest where you have administrative difficulties contacting or paying HMRC immediately
If you owe Self Assessment tax and your bill is less than £30,000 you may be able to pay in monthly instalments up to 12 months.
Government support for UK individuals
Universal Credit can help with costs like children or housing. Payments are calculated based on your earnings from self-employment and/or employment.
Employment and Support Allowance
If you’re unable to work due to ill health you might be able to claim Employment and Support Allowance. Those who claim the Working Tax Credit could receive a £500 one-off payment.
Free online training
The Department of Education created The Skills Toolkit, a growing directory of free online courses in numeracy and digital skills from recognised organisations such as the Open University, Google, FutureLearn and Cisco Networking Academy.
Financial advice resources
Support for Europe and international
Your Europe has created a map so you can learn more about finance options across the continent.
The Enterprise Europe Network is helping SMEs navigate the Covid-19 crisis, providing information about regional, national and European measures.
PEARLE, Live Performance Europe, has created a map of how live events are planning to re-open in various countries across Europe.
PLASA owned magazine Lighting and Sound America has published a comprehensive coronavirus resource page for American businesses and individuals.
Support from events and entertainment organisations
Our Connect to Wellbeing page signposts to mental heath support from across the industry.
The campaign website has collated a list of industry funds and mental health support.
Throughout the pandemic, Music Support have been offering access to the NHS-approved Thrive app.
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) & UK Theatre
A collaborative project to signpost theatre professionals to a range of mental health and financial support.
The Association of British Theatre Technicians (ABTT)
ABTT have compiled another comprehensive list of community initiatives, free training and online events.
Freelancers Make Theatre Work
A collective voice to advocate for the UK freelance theatre workforce.
Music Industry Therapist Collective
The MITC has a free downloadable guide to anxiety relief and self-isolation.