Before applying to NELT all applicants must attend an industry related health and safety course by one of the following providers or an online version. By holding one of these courses it allows more time for the practical element of the NELT training.
- BECTU IOSH accredited Creative Industries Safety Passport (CRISP)
- SPA Live Event Safety Passport
- OnCourse IOSH 1 Day Working Safely (available only through the NEC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IOSH 1 day Working Safely or Above Levels
Higher levels that are accepted are:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- British Safety Council Level 2 Award H&S in the Workplace
- British Safety Council Leve 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma
Online Health & Safety Passports
PLASA will also recognise the following online courses for the NELT*.
*Note: they are not recognised by CSCS as they do not require an invigilated assessment in a classroom environment.
All of these courses are run independently from PLASA. We recommend you decide which one may work for you.