The National Rigging Advisory Group (NRAG) was originally formed to develop the National Rigging Certificate. With the successful development and implementation of the NRC, the group has expanded its focus to act as a representative body for the entertainment rigging industry in the UK.
The NRAG committee addresses each of the areas outlined in the Mission Statement. Its membership includes representation from an array of organisations and individuals involved in rigging as well as leading health and safety experts.
NRAG create Rigging Information and Guidance documents which are available below.
Kevin Monks, Blackout
Mark Surtees, Outback Rigging
Harry Box, UK Rigging
Robin Elias, Unusual Rigging
Chris Higgs, Total Solutions Group
Q Willis, PRG
Adam Searle, Rigging Team
Sean Pagel, PSI group
Alex Tripp, Royal Albert Hall
Paul Rowlands, Allan Scouller, National Arenas Association
Suresh Kumar Chawla, Royal National Theatre
Martin Hawthorn, PLASA Membership Governing Body
Roger Barrett, Star Events Group
Alistair Rickman, BBC
Nicky Greet, Vice Chair
Gavin Bull, Health & Safety Executive
National Rigging Advisory Group will be a representative body for the entertainment rigging industry in the UK.
- NRAG will seek to represent the interests of the rigging community in the UK on national committees and industry groups
- NRAG will promote best practice and adherence to technical and safety standards and act as the source of information on rigging to the entertainment industry.NRAG will promote the highest standards of education and training for the rigging community
- NRAG will recognise the diverse nature of the entertainment rigging industry and address the needs of different sectors
- NRAG will act as the advisory body for the PLASA National Rigging Certificate
- NRAG and PLASA will continue to hold a special relationship
- NRAG members will put aside any commercial or competitive issues and act in the interest of the rigging industry, in a cooperative and collaborative manner