The Gottelier Award, which is part of the PLASA Awards for Innovation, is now calling for nominees. The award recognises the invaluable contributions of the people behind the products, from pioneering product developers to creative R&D teams. Please submit your nomination by Friday 29 July.
The award is named after the late lighting designer and industry commentator Tony Gottelier, with the aim of recognising product developers who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of entertainment, presentation, or installation technology.
Launched in 2007, previous recipients include:
- Christian Heil (L-Acoustics)
- Alan Jacobi (Unusual Rigging)
- Wayne Howell (Artistic Licence)
- Anne Valentino (ETC)
- David Cunningham (Entertec)
- Pasquale Quadri (Claypaky)
- Jim Bornhorst (Vari-Lite)
- John Meyer (Meyer Sound)
- Terry Clarke (Klark Teknik, MC2 Audio)
- Fred Foster (ETC)
- Alex Cooper (Midas & Klark Teknik)
- John Stadius (DiGiCo / Soundtracs)
- Tony Andrews (Funktion-One)
If you work with a respected product developer or R&D team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 July with a brief summary of the product/s they have been instrumental in creating.
Voting is open to registered PLASA Show visitors, PLASA members, and readers of LSi. The winner of the Gottelier Award will be announced during an intimate ceremony from 6pm on Monday 5 September at PLASA Show 2022, which is held at Olympia London.
Find out more about the Gottelier Award and the PLASA Awards for Innovation at www.plasashow.com/awards/#GOTTELIER%20AWARD