Webinar: An Introduction to Classification for Goods
PLASA is hosting an introductory webinar on the classification of goods using commodity and tariff codes on Tuesday 19 January from 2pm to 4:30pm with expert host Peter Thompson.
The correct classification of goods using commodity and tariff codes is fundamental for customs compliance, establishing correct duty rates, origin of goods, intrastat, export control, security and many other customs procedures. Furthermore, using the most appropriate code is the legal obligation of the trader and should not be delegated to other parties or agents. So this webinar will be unmissable for anyone who trades across the UK-EU border.
This webinar aims to:
- Teach you how to demonstrate compliance with these requirements.
- Help you understand the terminology and structure of the Harmonised System, Commodity and Tariff codes.
- Examine the General Interpretative Rules that are used for classification.
- Share tools and resources to assist you establish the most appropriate code.
- Consider the difference between coding systems in use in other countries and how different codes can be correlated.
Business Training Ltd have provided export-import training for public and private companies, Chambers of Commerce, UK Trade and Investment since 1975. Your host will be owner Peter Thompson who has 20 years commercial experience in the logistics and financial aspects of international trade in the building services, civil engineering and energy sectors.
Book your ticket
Tickets cost only £95+VAT for this in-depth session which will run for 2.5 hours. Only 15 spaces are available to allow for a personalised approach. Our last Brexit session booked up fast so don’t delay in booking your space.