PLASA Members’ Area

Brexit resources

From 1 January 2021, the rules have changed regarding travelling and trading between the UK and EU members states. We have complied a comprehensive list of Government guidance to help you, organised under the following topics:

General guidance

The new Brexit rules are here

Guidance for DCMS sectors

The creative industries sector from January 2021


The UK’s trade agreements: Find out which trade agreements the UK is negotiating and which trade agreements the UK has already signed

Exporting from the EU, importing into the EU – all you need to know

Import, export and customs for businesses: detailed information

Negotiations and agreements by country and region

Export goods from Great Britain to the EU

Import goods from the EU to Great Britain

How to import and export goods between Great Britain and the EU

Helping companies to source products from outside the EU

Moving goods into, out of, or through Northern Ireland

Trade with the UK as a business based in the EU

Moving your goods to the EU or Common Transit countries

Trading under WTO rules

European Union: Providing services abroad

Get someone to deal with customs for you

Check if Authorised Economic Operator status could benefit you

Check duties and customs procedures for exporting goods

UK tariffs from 1 January 2021

Look up tariffs, taxes and rules to trade with the UK

Get an EORI number

The eCommerce Directive and the UK

Claim VAT refunds in Northern Ireland or the EU, if you’re established in Northern Ireland or in the EU

Travel, touring and transport

Visiting the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein

Carry out international road haulage

Check which international road haulage permits you need

List of visa/permit requirements, country by country

EU creative workers coming into the UK from 2021

Working, performing and touring in Europe – guidance for musicians and accompanying staff

Working and touring in Europe – guidance for visual arts, the art market and museums

Working, performing and touring in Europe – guidance for the performing arts, theatre, opera, dance, circus and other live performance genre

Recruiting people from outside the UK from 1 January 2021

Accounting for UK companies from 1 January 2021

Changing your company registration from 1 January 2021

Changes to Companies House forms from 1 January 2021

Data and technology

Using personal data in your business or other organisation

HSE: Manufacture and supply of new work equipment

HSE: Placing civil explosives on the market

NIS Regulations – what UK digital service providers operating in the EU should do from 1 January 2021

Meeting climate change requirements from 1 January 2021

Markets, IP and trademarks

Placing manufactured goods on the market in Great Britain

Placing manufactured goods on the market in Northern Ireland

Placing manufactured goods on the EU market

Using the UKCA mark

Using the UKNI marking

Intellectual property after 1 January 2021

Address for service for intellectual property rights from 1 January 2021

Retaining protection in the UK for EU Intellectual Property rights

Exhaustion of IP rights and parallel trade from 1 January 2021

Webinars and podcasts

UKCA mark for machinery

PLASA Brexit Q&A session

Business support helpline

Businesses in England: 0800 998 1098

Businesses in Scotland: 0300 303 0660

Businesses in Wales: 0300 060 3000

Businesses in Northern Ireland: 0800 181 4422

#WeMakeEvents Brexit group

Factsheet from 28 January 2021

Factsheet from 5 February 2021

Post-Brexit EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement
impact on touring productions